RE: [xsl] how to close html tags : link, meta,...

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to close html tags : link, meta,...
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:06:31 +0100

> of the element. (Alternately, at least when targeting IE, you can
> put a meaningless attribute into the sole tag - which seems to
> solve the problem although I don't know why.)
>
> -- Tommie

What a good idea (or hack, if this is what you meant) - I've never
considered it, I don't know why...

  <dummy/>

Will stop the element being minimised, won't leave spaces all over your
output and won't incur any processing expense.

Although, I still think we should have the option when output="xml" to
choose how empty elements are handled, this will do until output="xhtml"
comes along.