RE: [xsl] how to close html tags : link, meta,...

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to close html tags : link, meta,...
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:53:57 +0200

If the spec would really forbid that, this would be a bug in the spec.

> The W3 site serves conformant XHTML.  IE has no trouble with it,
> at least my
> version (5.5).  An XSLT 1.0 processor is not the right tool to use if you
> want fully-conformant XHTML.

Yes, there are types of conformant XHTML that IE does accept. But there are
also types it doesn't understand. The "XML" output method doesn't guarantee
any particular form, but that doesn't mean it isn't producing
fully-conformant XHTML.

Julian