[xsl] namespace scope?

Subject: [xsl] namespace scope?
From: "Gene Sohn" <genesohn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:35:09 -0400

Hi, y'all,

I'm trying to generate xsp pages in cocoon using an xsl transformed xml
page.  I'm using cocoon 2.1m3's default xslt processor, xsltc. Here's the
issue:

The stylesheet contains the following namespace declarations:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
.
.
.
</xsl:stylesheet>

The output of the transformed page has the following structure.

  <xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp" language="java">
    <page>
        <esql:connection xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
         .
         .
         .
        </esql:connection>
    </page>
  </xsp:page>

Unfortunately, due to some idiosyncracies in how cocoon's esql logicsheet
works, I need the output to look like this (with the xmlns:esql namespace
declaration moved):

  <xsp:page xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp" language="java">
    <page>
        <esql:connection>
         .
         .
         .
        </esql:connection>
    </page>
  </xsp:page>

Is there any way to force the namespace declaration to be at the top-level
of the transformed output, even if it's not technically required until the
<esql:connection> element?

Thanks,

Gene