RE: [xsl] XML Dom Caching

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML Dom Caching
From: "Jennifer Phillips" <jennifer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:34:06 +0100

>I appreciate the reply.  So it looks I will have to
>clone the node if I want to use the cached DOM without
>directly making changes to it during the processing of
>my code.

If you are changing the data in the DOM yes.  I had a similar problem, I
wanted to add a parameter block to my cached XML data, what I ended up doing
was sending a tree fragment to the XSLT processor as a parameter, rather
than adding the parameter block to the cached XML via the DOM.

The trouble with cloning the cached XML, you loose most of the performance
benefits of caching the XML in the first place.

>i.e Using, set objDOM = Application("CachedXMLData")
>will cause the "CachedXMLData" to be altered if objDOM
>is altered.  Am I correct in thinking this?

Yes you are correct.

Jenni Phillips