Re: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Julian,
 i understand that you wish to apply an XSL to a XML
file, and supply imageNum parameter with the URL.
Instead of trying to do transformation on browser as
http://bla.bla/batman.xml?imageNum=3 , you may shift
your XSLT processsing on server side. The advantage is
that *this will work with all the browsers*. For e.g.
if you are in a position to use JSP, you can easily do
http://bla.bla/sompage.jsp?imageNum=3 . Then in this
JSP you can easily extract imageNum value using
request.getParameter("imageNum") and then can call a
Java XSLT processor and return the result of transform
to browser.

Regards,
Mukul