Re: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL
From: Julian Wood <woodj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:24:57 -0600

Hi Michael,

This all taking place in a local environment, in a web browser. In fact it's a web page which generates the parameter (the whole URL to the XML file, actually) which somehow needs to be passed to the XSLT code in question. I don't see how that web page can have the facility to pass them into the XSLT code as parameters. You're talking about the application writing out the XSLT with the pertinent parameter intact, right? Or am I misunderstanding? Any way to pass info from one page to another, such that the xslt processor in the second page can get access to that info before the transform, in a local environment, would be sufficient, but I'm starting to think I will have to use a much messier javascript solution.

Thanks,