Re: [xsl] parsing large xml files using Saxon 6.5.2

Subject: Re: [xsl] parsing large xml files using Saxon 6.5.2
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marina,
 If you will overload the XSLT processor, *it is bound
to take time*. The process may even hang(as you are
reporting). An XML file of size 18.1Mb will certainly
take lot of resources. If possible you may split the
original XML file into smaller ones, and then apply
XSL to the smaller files. It may run fast.

If you can give more details about your XML and the
XSL you are trying, probably somebody can give you
ideas to improve performance of the transformations.

Regards,
Mukul