[xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL

Subject: [xsl] Using URL parameters in XSL
From: Julian Wood <woodj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:06:06 -0600

Hi,

I'm trying to gain access to the URL parameters used to load an xml file. For instance, can robin.xsl, used to process batman.xml, get the imageNum parameter in its URL?

http://bla.bla/batman.xml?imageNum=3

My xsl just needs this one param set (ie. equivalent to <xsl:param name="imageNum">3</xsl:param>)
so that it can conditionally process. This has to be local (ie no cgi allowed to write the stylesheet, as was discussed before on this list). I've looked high and low for this, but I can't find out how to retrieve the URL for manipulation. I've also looked into how to potentially manipulate the stylesheet with javascript, but this happens after the page has been transformed, and thus is too late.

Thanks for any help,

Julian Wood
Learning Commons, University of Calgary