[xsl] Transforming using DOMSource and DOMResult

Subject: [xsl] Transforming using DOMSource and DOMResult
From: John.Coffie@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:22:49 -0400

I apply a stylesheet (lets call it A.xsl) to an xml documet generating
another stylesheet (called B.xsl) in memory. Everything appears to work
fine however on closer inspection it is clear that the output B.xsl is
wrong. A.xsl uses a series of conditional statements to include other
stylesheets in B.xsl. All actions wrapped by conditional statements (this
includes xsl:include statements and other instructions) are ignored, while
all others are executed correctly. Below is the snipet of my transformation
code. I will be glad to forward my .xml and .xsl documents if anyone is
interested in looking at this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

      if (tFactory.getFeature(DOMSource.FEATURE) &&
tFactory.getFeature(DOMResult.FEATURE)){

        DocumentBuilderFactory dFactory =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

        dFactory.setNamespaceAware(true);

        DocumentBuilder dBuilder = dFactory.newDocumentBuilder();

        Document xslDocument = dBuilder.parse(xslFile);

        DOMSource xslDomSource = new DOMSource(xslDocument);

        transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslDomSource);

        DOMResult xslDomResult = new DOMResult();

        transformer.transform(new DOMSource(xmlDocument), xslDomResult);

and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
all copies of the original message.