Re: [xsl] Output XML in HTML to multiple pages

Subject: Re: [xsl] Output XML in HTML to multiple pages
From: Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:58:31 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Patrick van Halderen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having the following problem...
>
> My XML consists of quite a large list of data, which I output to HTML.
> However, for speed, I'd like to split it into multiple pages, instead of all
> on one page, which takes quite some time to load now.
>
> Anyone knows how to accomplish this? And, since I'm discussing it with my
> colleague (the database developer), is it better to do it in XSL or earlier,
> in the database?

If having the sourcetree as one big XML:
Dig your processors extensions

Xalan for example:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/extensionslib.html#redirect

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Patrick

Jarkko Moilanen          "The box said that is needs
Researcher                Windows 95 or better... So I
jm60697@xxxxxx            installed Linux."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org