RE: [xsl] how to process a element named

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to process a element named <rule:something>
From: "Xia Li" <xli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:26:45 -0700

You do not need to do anything at that location,
"http:www.somthing.com/rule", But you need to tell XSLT processor where the
<rule:something> comes from, otherwise XSLT processor couldn't recognize
this element. That's why you need to declare it in the <xsl:stylesheet>
element. In my understanding, An XSLT processor uses the namespace
declaration to bind the prefix "rule" with the namespace
"http:www.something.com/rule", and uses the namespace and local name
"Choose" to locate the <Choose> element in source XML document. It doesn't
use the prefix and local name such as "rule:Choose" to locate the element.
If you do not declare namespace, then XSLT processor cannot resolve the
prefix "rule", therefore it cannot recognoze the element "rule:Choose" in
source document. That's why it complains "xmlns:rule not declared". Hope
this makes sense to you.

Lisa