[xsl] how to process a element named

Subject: [xsl] how to process a element named <rule:something>
From: Abhijit Junnare <mavlaabhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:20:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I have an XML file which has bunch of rules in it such
as

<rule:choose xmlns:rule="http:www.somthing.com/rule">
SOME TEXT
</rule:choose>

I am writing a stylesheet and I am in debugging
process. I want to display something whenever the
element <rule:choose> appears in the XML document. I
dont want to display the actual contents of this
element but just some generated text such as "This is
Choose rule" or something like this.
Is it possible to process such elements using XSL?
I tried something like this

<xsl:template match="rule:Choose">
"THIS IS CHOOSE RULE"
</xsl:template>

But I get an error saying xmlns:rule not declared.
What do I need to do? Is there any other way to handle
such thing.
Thanks