Re: [xsl] Sorting Upper-Case first. Microsoft bug?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting Upper-Case first. Microsoft bug?
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:08:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stan ,
also i wish to add -- that in <xsl:sort syntax ,
case-order="upper-first" or "lower-first" would
produce really meaningful result when *all of the
words* to be sorted will consist of *symbols which
have case meaning*.. in the *English language*, since
the digits do not have case meaning, we are not
getting correct result in true lexicographic sense..

i can image there will/may be languages where *their
alphabets will have numeric symbols also..* . we
normally associate numberic symbols for counting, but
in some language(s) numeric sybols may be used to
represent something else, and might even have some
case meaning ;) i don't know if any such languages
exists..

even if such languages do not exist, i may imagine the
vision of XSLT spec writers where new languages may be
developed whose alphabets may have digits also(and may
or may not have case meaning)..

so to keep every option open, word "lexicographic" may
be correct in the XSLT spec..

Regards,
Mukul