Re: [xsl] How to construct an XPath expression for this node-set?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to construct an XPath expression for this node-set?
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tim,
  i am guessing your XML file may look like --

<Addresses>
   <Address addressID="100">
     <Name xml:lang="en">90 - Test Name</Name>
   </Address>
   <Address addressID="101">
     <Name xml:lang="en">93 - B</Name>
   </Address>
   <Address addressID="100">
     <Name xml:lang="en">91 - Another Name</Name>
   </Address>
   <Address addressID="101">
     <Name xml:lang="en">92 - A</Name>
   </Address>
</Addresses>

You can use xsl:key to achieve the result .. Below is
the complete XSL --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan">
<xsl:output method="text" version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:key name="x" match="/Addresses/Address"
use="@addressID"/>

<xsl:template match="Addresses">
  <xsl:variable name="addr" select="key('x','100')"/>

  <xsl:for-each select="xalan:nodeset($addr)">
    <xsl:value-of select="concat(@addressID, '-',
substring-before(Name, ' '))"/>
    <xsl:if test="position() != last()">
       <xsl:text>,</xsl:text>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

i am using Xalan nodeset extension to construct a
nodeset for a given addressID..

i guess this is what you want. You may modify the
specifics for your actual XML..

Regards,
Mukul