RE: [xsl] SQL SELECT statement in XSLT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject: RE: [xsl] SQL SELECT statement in XSLT!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: "Greg Johnson" <gjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:41:37 -0400

I've been working with MS SQL Server, and have been doing joins in my SQL
queries, and have been stuck with some unintuitive element nesting, from
MS's "For XML Auto, Elements" switch.

Would dumping each table individually, and linking them with XLST as Michel
has done be a better idea, given that the file sizes aren't too
astronomical?  The benefit being not being stuck with weird nesting.  Is the
performance cost high for that?

I'm just wondering what the best practices are for working with XML from
SQL.

Greg