RE: [xsl] Sorting Upper-Case first. Microsoft bug?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Sorting Upper-Case first. Microsoft bug?
From: Jeff Beadle <Jbeadle@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:27:32 -0400

Yago,

Here's a snippet that'll work for your example:

<xsl:template match="/">
   <recordset>
      <xsl:for-each select="recordset/row">
         <xsl:sort select="substring(@Location,1,2)" data-type="text"
order="ascending" case-order="upper-first"/>
         <xsl:sort select="substring(@Location,3)" data-type="number"
order="ascending" />
         <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
      </xsl:for-each>
   </recordset>
</xsl:template>

This is obviously not a generalized solution, but it works for your use
case.

There probably is a way to do this within a generalized approach, but off
the top of my head I can't think of any other than constructing an RTF
that'll drive the sorting or calling a custom script extension function from
within the sort element.

-Jeff