Re: AW: [xsl] Using key() from outside the default namespace

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] Using key() from outside the default namespace
From: Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Aug 2003 02:16:08 +0100

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 21:34, David Carlisle wrote:
> As has been commented your references to namespaces are a red herring.

O good.

> It's not the different namespaces but the different document that is the
> issue.

OK, I thought you could use namespaces on a per-document basis to act as
the triggers for going back to where you wanted.  Pity.

> key() looks up keys in the current document only. If you are in another
> document you need to go back to where you want to do the key lookup.

OK. But when I do it, it triggers the document root template each time.

> usual model is:
>
> <xsl:variable name="originaldoc" select="/"/>
> <xsl:for-each select="document('jhcgalshgalal')/a/b/c">
>   stuff in other doc...
>   <xsl:variable select="some expression to generate the key" name="x"/>
>   <xsl:for-each select="$originaldoc">
>     <xsl:value-of select="key('k',$x)">
>    </xsl:for-each>
>   more stuff in other doc

I'll sort out a minimal instance to demonstrate this.
(Which will doubtless guarantee I'll find the problem en route...)

///Peter