Re: AW: [xsl] Using key() from outside the default namespace

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] Using key() from outside the default namespace
From: Peter Flynn <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Aug 2003 21:02:27 +0100

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 20:05, Markus Abt wrote:
> I have no idea what you are talking about. Guess, I'm not alone.

Keys.

> XML namespaces have nothing to do with different input documents.
> Your example fragments don't use namespaces, either (except for
> the xsl:-namespace, and the implicit default namespace).

Sorry, I abbreviated too much to try and make it clearer. The
external document referenced with document() calls has its own
namespace declared. I've been working with my nose too close to
the problem and missed saying that.

> There is no "main namespace",

I should have said "default namespace".

> and for-each doesn't place the
> "context into a different namespace".

It does when it uses document() to reference some element from
an external document which has its own namespace, as described.

> I also don't know what "new instances of the output document"
> are, there is exactly one output document in (standard) XSLT 1.0.

I said the processor was *trying* to create new instances of the
output document by restarting again with <html> every time it
used for-each with a nodeset located in the main document.
Naturally each new <html> markup was appended to the output
document.

> Btw., the variable $pub-doc-path you use in some part of your mail is
> not declared, so we can't know what it's value is.

I was trying to be mnemonic to save space. It's the name of the
relevant xsl:key.

> Please try to construct a complete (if ever possible, small) example
> of what you are trying to do.

Thank you
///Peter