RE: [xsl] Need to wrap XML in tags

Subject: RE: [xsl] Need to wrap XML in <![CDATA[...]]> tags
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:59:10 +0100

> I have a similar requirement and I thought you could do it
> with cdata-section-elements.
>
> I want to make the following whole CONTENT section be
> enclosed in a CDATA section but the cdata-section-elements
> doesn't seem to do it. Is there something else I should use
> to make a whole tree CDATA?

You need to understand that the only thing you can have in CDATA is
text. CDATA is saying "the angle brackets in here might look like
markup, but they are actually ordinary characters". So having XML markup
inside a CDATA section is a contradiction in terms, and is always going
to give you problems.

Michael Kay