[xsl] sorting preformance

Subject: [xsl] sorting preformance
From: Mattison <peacock@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:19:42 -0400 (EDT)

I've been doing some reports and wondering what experience folks have had
with the speed of using xsl:sort.  So far I haven't observed any noticable
difference between sorting in the database query (putting the records in
the order in them xml) and letting xsl sort unorder records.  But so far
I've only dealt with relatively small number or records so I'm not
surprised I don't notice a difference.

What suggestions or rules of thumb do folks use when deciding where to do
their sorting?  As such things might matter the xsl parser and databases
are MSXML 4.0 and MS SQL respectively.

Mattison