RE: [xsl] how to test for presence of a file with XSLT?

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to test for presence of a file with XSLT?
From: David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:37:13 +0100

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2602.html#d2874e16

*becoming* an ffaq.

regards DaveP

> I use a file separate from the source XML file to control the
> naming of xml
> elements on output. This is mostly for multi-lingual implementation.
> However, I have some users that want different labels from
> everybody else
> (ggrhhh!). What I want to do is change the XSL so that it
> tries to load a
> file-specific labels file, and if it doesn't find it, loads
> the default
> labels file.
>
> I thought I could be tricky by attempting a load with the document()
> function and then testing for emptiness, but the parser
> didn't like that
> approach at all. We use XALAN-J as our parser. Do I need an extension
> function to do this?
>

> thanks,
> Yves Jaques
> Information Officer     FIDI
> FIDI - room F-320
> United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation
> viale delle Terme di Caracalla - 00100 Roma - ITALIA

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk