Re: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:26:44 -0600 (MDT)

Dipesh Khakhkhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got it done. I found the same site to do my job. Anyway thanks.
>
> So is it like MS guys have made good trasformation engine ? Because achieve
> the trasformation i used XSL Engine in oracle, I used XALAN, I used one more
> wrapper to MSXSL engine BUT ONLY MS ENGINE IS DOING IT FASTEST.
>
> I MEAN TO DO THE SAME TASK OTHER ENGINES ARE TAKING SEVERAL MINUTES BUT MSXSL
> is very very fast. I m getting the same thing trasformed within minutes. ?
>
> CAN SOME GURUS PLS THROW LIGHT ON THIS ? EAGERLY WAITING FOR REPLY.

Excuse me, but what is the problem?

Why does it come as a shock to you that some processors, that are written in
different languages by different people, perform complex transformations
better or worse than other processors?

If we could see some of your stylesheet and source XML, we could perhaps show
you some areas where your code could be better optimized. For example, maybe
you are using complex XPath expressions where you could be using keys instead.

But I still fail to see what you are complaining about.