RE: RE: [xsl] Incrementing number in a for loop ??

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] Incrementing number in a for loop ??
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar <dkhakhkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 20:09:29 -0400

Hi,

yeah i got it done. Two days back ken got my problem and sent a snippet of
code to do the same.

Well to give certain number of quotes i have to count the number of fields i m
having in my database. As i was creating a file which i was feeding to a
control file which was then sent to sql server. This
number varies if i few more fields are added to the database. I was hardcoding
it instead of writing it programmactially. I had done the same in other
languages numerous times but not in xsl. So finally problems is solved.

Well i will try to implement the way you had said too.
Thanks,

Regards,
Dipesh

>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:27:00 -0400
>From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: [xsl] Incrementing number in a for loop ??
>
>Variables, once declared, cannot be changed. You could pass the old value to
the called template with a parameter and declare a variable inside the
template which adds one to the value passed as a parameter when the template
is called recursively, but probably there's a better way to achieve the
result. We could tell more if you supply a stripped-down example of your
source XML and your stylesheet.