RE: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dipesh,
  You can also try XSLTC.. Its a Xalan-J module which
allows you to convert the XSL file into Java classes.
These Java classes are called translets. You can then
apply these translets(Java classes) to XML files to
produce final output.

Please see
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html for
details about XSLTC. It *may* enhance the performance
of your transformations.. i don'nt know for sure about
the performance difference XSLTC has over
xalan.xslt.Process (the normal way of invoking XSL
transformation from Xalan).. You may try it and report
to us if it speeds up transformation.

i would suggest , that please try both
xalan.xslt.Process and XSLTC and observe the time
difference.. If somebody has information about
performance difference between XSLTC and usual Xalan
transformation, i would also be eager to know it..

Regards,
Mukul