Re: [xsl] Strange Problem with document($variablename)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Strange Problem with document($variablename)
From: Steve Rosenberry <Steve.Rosenberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:38:48 -0400

Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> BUT this does not touch the original problem. It is the *path* at which the
> file is being sought. The actual filename piece is lost somewhere, but
> *only*
> if the concatenated pathname starts with anything else than either the /
> character or an alphanumeric character. If it is trying to open the file
> "../content/news" instead of "../content/news/foo.html" it is not going to
> find it.

Can the file be found and processed using:
 1) an absolute full path?  (a quick sanity check)
 2) no path at all, i.e. the current directory wherever that may be?
(identifies without a doubt what the processor considers the current
directory)

If those work (particularly the second), I would quickly suspect a bug
when handling relative paths either in the document() function or when
compiling the stylesheet.  I'm guessing the error message is coming from
the processor at some point where it has either separated the file name
from the path for some sort of validation purpose or the exception
itself stripped the file name before reporting it.

In any case, it seems highly unlikely that the path without the file
name portion is being passed to the document() function.  (Well it *was*
highly unlikely until I stated it... :)

--
Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner