RE: [xsl] if statement

Subject: RE: [xsl] if statement
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:18:11 +0100

> Thanks for all the answers I got here.
>
> This one seems to be good for me.  There are troubles just makeing:
>
> <xsl:when test="@wrap='yes'">
> </xsl:when>
>
> I think I have to make everything inside the when clause.  I think I
> can handle that.

Yes, you may have to make eveything into a when clause.  You can't output </tr><tr> pairs based on the @wrap attribute, as its not well-formed xml.

One way to think of it (is as it actually happens I suppose), is that you are adding well-formed chunks of xml to the result tree, you are not inserting tags into a 'result string'.  You can only ever add well-formed xml to the result tree. (d-o-e aside)

So you have your source xml, which is parsed into a tree, your xslt stylesheet which is parsed into a tree, and your result tree, which is built by the xslt processor based on the rules in your stylesheet.

You only have a string when the serliaser traverses the result tree and produces the string that is your output xml/html/text.

I hope that makes sense,

cheers
andrew

---