RE: [xsl] namespace change, what am I missing here?

Subject: RE: [xsl] namespace change, what am I missing here?
From: "Lars Huttar" <lars_huttar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:42:19 -0500

> I've got a stylesheet renamespace.xsl, that is intended to take an
> arbitrary XML file and change the namespace (no matter what
> it is) into
> an arbitrary new namespace. It's based on the FAQ. Both the
> location of
> the file and the new namespace are parameters. But when I run it
> through my script (it's all below) I get the namespace applied to all
> the child nodes but NOT the root node. Why not??

A minor point, but: I believe you mean "but NOT the document node."
The root node can never have a namespace.

> (i'm also not sure where the "ns2" is from but that doesn't matter to
> me.)

You asked for those elements to be put in a certain namespace;
you provided the namespace-URI, but XSLT needed a prefix to apply
the new namespace to the result elements, so it generated one.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question; I assume Dimitre's
right.

Lars