Re: [xsl] xpath question

Subject: Re: [xsl] xpath question
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:37:42 -0600 (MDT)

florian wrote:
> hi!
>
> i unfortunately cant think of a xpath statement for this:
>

> i want to get all the child nodes of my current node, which
> have an node with the name 'bar' and where the content
> of the node is 'apples'..
>
> the tricky part now is that the name 'bar' and 'apples' is defined
> in another node somewhere in the document.
>
> *[*[local-name() = /someNode/@theAttributeWithTheValueBar] =
> /fruits/roundOnes[1]]
>
> doesnt really seem to work..

<xsl:variable name="barname" select="string(/someNode/@theAttributeWithTheValueBar)"/>
<xsl:variable name="fruitname" select="string(/fruits/roundOnes[1])"/>

then

*[local-name() = $barname and . = $fruitname]

You can do it without variables but this way it gives the processor
an opportunity to optimize.