RE: [xsl] grouping by unique...

Subject: RE: [xsl] grouping by unique...
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:44:39 -0400

At 10:43 PM 6/17/2003, Lars wrote:
Or go Muenchian. (Btw how do you pronounce that?)

I hope Steve speaks up to remind us of the interesting fact that his family pronounces his name "Minch", which appears to be an adaptation (and as such fairly unusual) of a German umlaut into English. (I see, Jeni has already done so.)

The vast majority of Americans will fake it and get it wrong, and say something closer to "Munchian" with a short 'u' as in the way they (we) say "Punjab". And Americans hate to be told they're wrong. :->

(Sorry, OT)

Cheers,
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
     extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau