RE: [xsl] how to show one number of input text fields. help please

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to show one number of input text fields. help please
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:30:30 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Dionisio Ruiz de Zarate
> Sent: 12 June 2003 08:39
> To: XSL-List@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [xsl] how to show one number of input text fields.
You mean, you want the output to contain 20 elements, of which the first
n are derived from the input, and the other (20-n) are invented?  Then
you want:

<xsl:apply-templates select="texto"/>
<xsl:for-each select="1 to (20-count(texto))">
  <dummy/>
</xsl:for-each>

The only trouble is, this is XPath 2.0 syntax. To achieve the same
effect in 1.0, either

(a) write a recursive template that takes a parameter indicating how
many elements to output; it should output one element and then (if the
count is non-zero) call itself to output the remaining n-1

(b) use the trick <xsl:for-each select="(//node())[position() &lt;
$n]">, provided there are at least $n nodes in your input file.

Michael Kay