RE: [xsl] Attribute's default value in xsd doesn't show in xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] Attribute's default value in xsd doesn't show in xslt
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:12:55 +0100

The XSLT 1.0 spec doesn't say whether or how this should work - because
XSLT 1.0 was invented before XML Schemas were. XSLT 1.0 allows an
implementation to construct an input document any way it likes, so
expansion of schema-defined default attributes is permitted, but the way
it is done, if it is done at all, depends entirely on the product you
are using. So I suggest you ask this on a Xalan list.

XSLT 2.0 does describe a way of constructing input documents from the
PSVI produced by a schema processor - this will cause attribute defaults
to be expanded. But there are no products that implement this yet.

Michael Kay