Re: [xsl] Xsltproc document()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xsltproc document()
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:22:50 -0600 (MDT)

Note that mapping a Windows path to a 'file' URI is a matter of guesswork, the
succesful result of which is determined by the resolvers on the platform as
much as in the XSLT software itself (which is often just a shallow wrapper for
the platform's resolver or an XML parser's resolver).

In 4Suite for example you see a lot of 'failed' entries in David's chart
because we defer to the python language's core libraries' preference: the
arguably just-as-ubiquitous format where the ":" in the drivespec is replaced
with "|". A URI like file:///C|/foo will work nicely. We also supply functions
for generating an ideal (for python) 'file' URI from an OS-specific path and
vice-versa.