Re: [xsl] Using or ignoring Types in XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using or ignoring Types in XSLT 2.0 / XPath 2.0
From: "Mike Haarman" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:38:11 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>

> The error isn't recoverable, but it is preventable. Before attempting
> the conversion of a string to a dateTime, you can test:
>
> <xsl:if test="$x castable as xs:dateTime">

Thanks Michael, that's what I was missing.  This just invokes the lexical
parsing of $x and compares with the lexical requirements for xs:dateTime,
correct?  Or is its behavior more determined than that?

Just a minor nit, wouldn't syntactic consistency suggest *castable-as* for the
operator name?  Is it really two tokens?

Mike