[xsl] Dynamically changing and running Javascript after XSL transform

Subject: [xsl] Dynamically changing and running Javascript after XSL transform
From: Kathleen Kappers <kkappers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 04:48:02 -0700

Hello,

I am writing a web application that has a series of buttons on it.  When I
click a button, I run a perl script which produces an XML file for me,
filled with information I need to create a bunch of other buttons.  For
example, I hit a button named "radio stations", and this script gives me an
XML file that's filled on the fly with the current radio stations, and I
then need to create buttons for each of them.  So I run the XML through an
XSL transform to give me my new HTML, which I then stuff right into the
current HTML file.  All this works great, and saves me from doing a load of
some new HTML page, which is the ideal solution.

The problem is I also need to dynamically change some javascript.  I need to
update some global variables that are in the original HTML file, plus call a
refresh function in the original HTML, to add the new buttons into this
button array, etc.

My question is how do you write javascript in an XSL file and get it to
actually run, without doing a reload of the page or a load of a new page?
Is this even possible?  I realize that whatever I write in the XSL file will
basically just be dumped on top of my current HTML code, including
javascript.  But how do I get that javascript to actually run?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer,
Kathleen Kappers

Kathleen Kappers
Senior Software Engineer

T:	  407.265.6162 x110
C:	  407.765.2748
F:	  407.265.6163

MUSICMATCH wins PC Magazine Editor's Choice Award
4 years in a row - Check it out
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,805244,00.asp> here!

 <http://www.musicmatch.com/> MUSICMATCH
316 Live Oak Boulevard
Casselberry, FL 32707

freedom for music lovers(tm)

---

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or his/her representative, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.