RE: [xsl] EXSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] EXSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:03:53 +0100

> Below results in the following error
>
> SystemId Unknown; Line #5; Column #71; XSLT Error
> (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: FuncConcat only
> allows >1 arguments
>
> Someone knows why?

The error message "FuncConcat only allows >1 arguments" is not
particularly good English, but it means that the concat function
requires two or more arguments. I would have thought most programmers
would be able to read this message, look up concat() in the spec, and
see that it does indeed require two or more arguments.

You would then also find that concat() turns each of its arguments into
a (single) string, and concatenates the results.

You are trying to concatenate the string values of all the nodes in a
node-set. I don't know why you are trying to use concat() for that
because an earlier message on the thread that you are quoting tells you
exactly how to do it.

Michael Kay