Re: [xsl] Standalone XSLT processor for FreeBSD.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Standalone XSLT processor for FreeBSD.
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:32:46 +0200

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:26:13PM -0600, Mike Brown wrote:
> Ben Trafford wrote:
> > 	Does anybody know of a standalone XSLT processor that will work on
> > FreeBSD? It must not require anything outside itself (e.g. libraries, Java,
> > etc.).
> >
> > 	I just want something where I can type "./xsltprocessor [command line]"
> > and have it work.
>
> All XSLT processors that meet your criteria are still going to rely on an XML
> parser external to themselves. For example, the ones that are the least hassle
> out of the box, sablotron and libxslt, still require the expat and iconv C
> libraries.

  Wrong. libxslt requires libxml2 but does not require iconv (nor expat).
If iconv is not found at compile time no dependancy to it will be made
(and libxml2/libxslt/xsltproc encoding support will be reduced to
UTF-8/UTF-16/ISO latin 1).
  On most Unix, Iconv is anyway part of the C libray since it's part of
the POSIX standard.

Daniel

daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |