Re: [xsl] get the xsl:variable in an other xsl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] get the xsl:variable in an other xsl?
From: Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:45:58 +0300

Lainaus John Barden <jb@xxxxxxxx>:

| > It is not set automatically. Replace it with your own XPath expression.
| >
| > <xsl:variable name="YourVariableName"
| >  select="document('YourXML.xml')/your/XPath"/>
|
| Ok, but how can I set the XPath? Can you give me an Example?

Ok, consider this xml snippet named as variables.xml as sourcetree:

<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<variables>
 <variable>
  <value>Xpath result</value>
 </variable>
</variables>

This xslt snippet will select the value of the only value element:
<xsl:variable name="select"
  select="document('variables.xml')/variables/variable/value"/>

XPath to the value is:
/variables/variable/value

So you should know the exact path to the value you want. I think I am
missing something here, since this _really_ is basics...

Cheers,
Jarkko