Re: [xsl] Pattern Question

Subject: Re: [xsl] Pattern Question
From: Kevin.Gutch@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:13:54 -0500

Your both correct It was a syntax error. I just read the response
incorrectly. I thought Dave meant completely replace "*|@" with " @*" not
realizing he meant relace  "*|@" with "*|@*".

It was just a syntax error I did not even notice. My apologies.

                      Jeni Tennison
                      <jeni@jenitenniso        To:       Kevin.Gutch@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      n.com>                   cc:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      03/28/2003 10:00
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Jeni Tennison

Hi Kevin,

>>> 2. <xsl:template match="*|@"> =Matches all element nodes or
>>> attributes.
>>   no, it's a syntax error. You want @*
>
> This pattern you say is a syntax error is one I use all the time and
> it works fine. Is it completely incorrect?

I suspect that you mistyped it in your original email. The pattern in:

<xsl:template match="*|@*" />

is fine. The pattern in:

<xsl:template match="*|@" />

is not because an XSLT processor should expect the @ to be followed by
a QName giving the name of the attribute or a wildcard (*).

If your XSLT processor accepts "*|@" then it's buggy.

Cheers,

Jeni

---