Re: [xsl] Ampersand problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Ampersand problem
From: "Charles White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:01:34 -0800

Try this trick. I'm assuming you are outputting as XML, so the processor
will never allow you to create an unexpanded ampersand. I don't know if this
will work on Xalan or  other Java processors because I don't have access to
it at this very second, but it works on MSXML4. This is a hideous hack,
kids, don't try this at home:

<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:variable name="amper">
<xsl:text>&amp;</xsl:text>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:template match="/">
<smil href="{$amper}">
</smil>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

In other words, change the output method to HTML. You shouldn't need DOE.

Chuck White
Author, Mastering XSLT, Sybex Books
http://www.javertising.com/webtech
http://www.tumeric.net