RE: [xsl] include css in xsl - follow up

Subject: RE: [xsl] include css in xsl - follow up
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:36:37 -0500

[TP]
> I got the xsl to pick up the css and have declared the css
> file as a link in
> hte xsl file as
>
> [snipped]
> <xsl:template name="menuTree">
>  etc.......
> </xsl:template>
>
> My observation here is that the template menuTree does not
> inherit the css
> properties from the calling template.
>
> Is that expected? Whats the solution to this.

Your question makes no sense unless you have a very strange notion of
what is happening when the xslt stylesheet gets applied.

There are no css properties to be "inherited" in the stylesheet.  So far
as the stylesheet and the xslt processor is concerned, you have a
"style" element with some text content.  Only when a browser reads the
output html document do the css rules come into play.

You will have to explain what happened that you did not expect, or what
did not happen that you did expect.  If you are asking questions about
css behavior when the output document is displayed on a browser, this
list is the wrong place to be asking because those questions have
nothing to do with xsl or xslt.  If you are asking questions about
stylesheets, you have to be clear what you mean.