[xsl] RE: XSL-List Digest V4 #1168

Subject: [xsl] RE: XSL-List Digest V4 #1168
From: walter.crockett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:37:51 -0500

Hello,
	I'm updating an old stylesheet that still works, but it calls
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl" instead of the modern version.

This seems to prevent me from using simple functions like position().

When I change to http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform, it breaks because it
uses the now-defunct xsl:eval.

<xsl:if test="@Level">
     <xsl:eval>makeTreePath(this)</xsl:eval>
</xsl:if>

It needs this to make a nice tree in HTML:

 <xsl:script>
   <![CDATA[
      function makeTreePath(e)
      {
          var depthChar="|---";
          var result="";
          var i;
          var j = e.getAttribute("Level");

          for(i = 0;i < j;i++){
              result += depthChar;
          }

          return result;
      }
   ]]>
   </xsl:script>

I need to maintain this functionality, while correcting errors in the
stylesheet that I can't seem to correct using the old namespace. What do I
do?

Walter Crockett