Re: [xsl] Answers to review questions in "Beginning XSLT": Chapter 8

Subject: Re: [xsl] Answers to review questions in "Beginning XSLT": Chapter 8
From: Chris Loschen <loschen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:54:02 -0500

At 03:38 PM 3/18/03, you wrote:
Hi all,
Here are my answers to the review questions in Ch. 8 of "Beginning XSLT"
by Jeni Tennison.  Comments, corrections or clarifications are appreciated.
My hope is that these postings and responses will be of value in the future
to anyone working through Beginning XSLT and wanting to check their answers.

Regards,
Lars

Is anyone else bothered by this? I'm sure that Mr. Huttar's intentions are entirely noble, and he's clearly doing the work entailed in studying the questions in Ms. Tennison's book and formulating his answers. However, having these answers posted and archived seems to me too large a temptation for some less scrupulous student who may be assigned these questions when using Ms. Tennison's book in a class. I know in some other email lists I've been on, care was taken not to circumvent the learning process for such students by doing their homework for them. Wouldn't that same care be appropriate here?

Just my two cents...

--Chris

Texterity ~ XML and PDF ePublishing Services
Chris Loschen, XML Developer
Texterity, Inc.
144 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 USA