RE: [xsl] insert a tab/space characters

Subject: RE: [xsl] insert a tab/space characters
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:26:59 -0000

Just use numeric character references: &#x9; for tab, &#x20; for space,
&#xa0; for non-breaking space. Preferably wrapped in an <xsl:text>
element, to avoid unwanted whitespace stripping. The serializer will
make its own decisions how to represent these characters in the HTML
output, but it will do it in a way that the browser understands.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx