[xsl] Nesting tags

Subject: [xsl] Nesting <xsl:value-of> tags
From: "Zvolensky, Thomas J {PGL~Nutley}" <THOMAS_J.ZVOLENSKY@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:46:02 -0500

Hi,

I have an xsl stylesheet that reads an xml document and selects all nodes having a specific non-blank attribute.

The skeleton of my tags is as follows:

<xsl:for-each select="//*[./@filename != '']">
.
.
<xsl:value-of select="document('ShareWebUsers.xml')//person[id=<xsl:value-of select="../@ownedby"/>]/ntname"/>
.
.
</xsl:for-each>

In the middle, I have an <xsl:value-of> tag that reads a value from another document (ShareWebUsers.xml) and returns the value of the <ntname> tag based on the value of "ownedby" attribute of the current node.

When I use the code as described above, XMLSPY informs me that my XML is not well-formed.

Is it possible to nest <xsl: value-of> tags like this?  If not, is there another way to look up the value of <ntname> from the other document?

TIA