Re: [xsl] xsl include doesn't check and reload included document?!?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl include doesn't check and reload included document?!?
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:06:53 +0100

Hello Thomas,

please move to cocoon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html)for more on this topic, it's only Cocoon-related.

touch is a Linux' system command, which sets the file time to the current time. So the cache of the XSL is invalidated. The other possibilities are to re-save the XSL or using a non-caching pipeline in Cocoon (only Cocoon 2.1 I think).

If this is not only for debugging purposes, but important for the later working of the application, I definitely prefer the sitemap aggregation. Invalidating the cache for getting around this bug is leading the caching mechanism ad absurdum. Hope i could convince you ;-)

Waiting for you at cocoon users mailing list ...

Joerg

Thomas Sandor wrote:
hi,

I'm using the following line to include another xml in my XSLT file:
    <xsl:apply-templates select="document(include/@url)" mode="include" />

and the template section start as follows:
<xsl:template match="categories" mode="include">...</xsl:template>

The problem is that when I change something in the included document,
nothing happens, by the transformer, it uses the same previous state. I can
only make it awake by redeploying the whole ear.
I emptyed the catalina work directory. So I don't see from where gets cocoon
the cached document.

How can I force Cocoon or the XSLT to really check and if changed, read the
included document??

any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Thomas