Re: [xsl] top level params and xsl:attribute magic?

Subject: Re: [xsl] top level params and xsl:attribute magic?
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:45:20 -0500

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 12:23 AM, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

--- S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see. This would require to use something other than XSLT... (probably XSP, with axkit) I'm trying to stick to XSLT for now, and make minimal use of other languages as long as I can to keep the project manageable.

Yes, but anyway, if you are passing a global parameter to the transformation, you are already using this external API, so setting an attribute at this time uses exactly the same API you're using to specify a parameter to the transformation.

It's being fed in automagically by AxKit, as will any http post or get parameters if there's a param defined with the same name. Hypothetically AxKit could attempt to translate the parameters into nodesets at this time? AxKit is configured through .htaccess files (or more generally, through apache configuration files) so hypothetically there could be a new axkit directive to translate a certain parameter into a node set instead of delivering it as a string, if I understand you correctly.

simon
---
www.simonwoodside.com