Re: [xsl] Max size?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Max size?
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:56:53 +0100

Michael Kay wrote:
In the longer term I'm sure we will see XSLT processors that access XML
databases natively rather than relying on the input tree being in
primary memory: this is one reason why the synergy between XSLT and
XQuery is so important.

The next version of MS Windows will have an RDBMS based file system.

Your note raises the interesting perspective that in some years OS
might use mixed XML/RDBMS natively instead of a classic file system
for storing all kinds of information, in particular mail, documents,
spreadsheets and presentations.

What opportunities would arise from this? Would the benefits outweight
the cost?

Who dares to post this on XML-DEV? ;-)

J.Pietschmann