RE: [xsl] format-number

Subject: RE: [xsl] format-number
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:16:09 -0000

>   Hi,
>   How expensive format-number() operation?
>   I need to this for all the rows - should I do this on Java
> side when I build XML? or is the cost for this operation negligible?

The only answer to this is, measure it and see.

A couple of years ago I found a stylesheet that ran ten times faster
with one Java VM than another, regardless whether you used Saxon or xt.
It turned out to be a difference in the decimal number formatting
routines used by the format-number() implementation in both products.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx