Re: [xsl] Template/function libraries for measurement units.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Template/function libraries for measurement units.
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:42:52 -0700 (MST)

Michael Semcheski wrote:
> I'm sorry I can't pull up the link directly, but this came up on the list
> about 2 or 3 months ago.  Someone had built an XSLT library for all of the
> major trigonometric functions (sin, cos, tan, sec, csc, cot) and more.  It
> was pretty cool.

XSLT processors that support EXSLT will most likely provide these as
extension functions as described at http://exslt.org/math/index.html

The .zip downloads there demonstrate JavaScript implementations
that can be called from MSXML, which doesn't support EXSLT natively.

> You might want to look at:
> http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/xslCalculator/The%20FXSL%20Calculator.html

Yes, Dimitre's code demonstrates pure XSLT implementations with particular
attention to efficiency through the use of functional programming concepts.

It may take some effort to figure out how to safely extract the templates you
need from the complete calculator application, but it is worth it, to get the
most portable solution.

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/