[xsl] xsl:copy question

Subject: [xsl] xsl:copy question
From: "" <ds5j@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:04:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

   While editing a copy stylesheet to copy everything except empty attributes I came across some weird results.

   I got th stylesheet to work but did not understand why some attributes were being copied to the next node.

Example:

The problem ocurred with following input:

Output was:

Somehow the stylesheet was copying until it encountered an empty attributed and then it went to the next node and copied the rest of the attributes from the previous node into the next node.

I fixed the stylsheet but would like to understand what was going on and why I go weird results.

My fix was :

I just would to undersrand what was happening , I'm sure the original code was buggy but what was wrong with it?

thanks

D.